Pages

Monday, February 13, 2023

Losing the Practice Run

Back from our mini trip. Lungs were good but joints and feet were not. I managed the first museum by bench surfing. Walk. Sit on a bench. Rinse, repeat.


That was enough to irritate things to where the next day, I had to use a mobility scooter at the next museum stop. Well, that, and the weather. The joints that don't like the cold started freaking out too.


The third museum (yes, we go to museums), they had a janky wheelchair and a trail that wasn't wheelchair accessible so I ended up waiting in the car, which was fine. I went in knowing that might be my fate.


Then I limped through some antique shops, which probably wasn't smart as I am unable to bear weight on my foot today.


I hadn't anticipated my knee and hip acting up. That was a surprise, but it was cold enough that the arthritis (or whatever it is) got the band back together. I've started researching fleece lined pants, trying to figure out a better barrier to the cold. Surely there must be a way to keep one lick of cold wind from sending my joints into a tailspin.


We had a good time though. It was nice to go someplace and see something new. I don't really go out much anymore beyond the grocery store and doctor's appointments. At least not in winter. In warmer weather, I'll do some patio dining. If I could walk, I would go hiking or back to dance lessons. 


Here's the kicker... We'd planned to drive cross country and do a lot of sightseeing on the way to a wedding, but I'm so limited that we've cancelled it. So that sucks. The timing is such that I don't think I'll be able to have any surgery before the wedding...there's not enough recovery time. So no dancing at the wedding. More suckage.


It's never the health stuff you know about that gets you, it's the stuff you don't see coming that wipes the floor with you. I had no idea I'd be having so many issues with mobility at this age, that covid would be this awful accelerant. I'm far too young for this, but here I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.