Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

My Body Is so Creative *throws confetti*

I essentially have mono. That's the only way I can describe it. And I have no appetite with a lot of GI upset. The low blood sugar is getting pretty bad. 

I'm fighting back, but it's not so simple. I seem to be having trouble keeping my blood sugar up even when I eat. I wake up in the middle of the night dying of hunger...but then I'm battling nausea all day, choking down carbs to beat it back. If I get a decent meal in, it's a fluke and it doesn't help.

It's taking weirdly high amounts of carbs to get me out of the pit. It took so much sugar yesterday to get to where I could even think about toast that I'm too embarrassed to document what I ate.

Things smell bad. Noise makes me pukey. Some pizza place texted me a coupon and I wanted to hurl just from seeing the zah word. The fridge reeks like putrid corpses. The house smells like an elephant is rotting inside the walls.

Yesterday I was weak in a way I've never experienced. I haven't felt competent to drive. I'm not really keeping up with much of anything. 

I have pockets where it's better and then hours where it's awful.

Something's...off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.