Pages

Monday, November 26, 2018

If My Liver Is Up, I'm Up


I'm having issues replying to comments. I've been responding and then nothing shows up. This extends across the Blogger platform as well. I think I know why this is happening, but the fix doesn't reside with me and I doubt it will resolve any time soon.

So.

1. A. P. Jonas...so sorry to hear about your mother. Thanks for all your comments.

2. Anonymous who asked about the vitamins...this is the company I use: https://www.consumerlab.com/

***

It's 4:30 am and I can't sleep. My liver is unhappy.

Thanksgiving went well. I ate more than I thought I would, which was exciting. Of course, my liver didn't like that. There's quite a bit of negative feedback from my liver over what and/or how much I eat--I can't quite make the distinction right now.

Is it the fat or the carbs or the volume or ??? Either way, I'm now back to fasting most of the day and struggling with pain that is worse at night.

The bummer is, I didn't even eat that much! I had hoped I balanced it all, but nope.

The one night, I had intense pain around the bleeding adenoma and wondered if I would end up in the ER again. Fortunately, it calmed down and went from increasingly acute to the more typical dull throb.

I increased my exercise, walking and dancing/doing aerobics for more than an hour for several days around the holiday, but it didn't seem to help.

I've also been running stairs, trying to increase my fitness level. To be clear, it's not a lot of stairs, I don't seem to be making many fitness gains over here, but I'm certainly challenging my heart and lungs which is the goal.

Some days, I can haul ass on the exercise front. Other days, I feel like I'm trying to go upstream against the battering ram of Niagara Falls.

Aside from exercise, I've been trying to get food lined up for the recovery period. There's chicken soup already in the freezer. Plus, I've been making almond flax cranberry pumpkin bread. If that doesn't make me poop after surgery, I don't know what will. Lol.

I'm also juicing as often as I can, trying to increase nutrients.

I'm worrying about the adrenal adenoma as well. I'm told the adenomas are almost like plugs. They actually insert into and stretch the liver. They are having a marked impact on how I feel as a result. My liver has to work around all 30 or so adenomas. I imagine this is why eating has such a negative feedback loop. Capacity is quite limited and I exceed it at my own risk.

So, extrapolating that information, what's the adenoma doing to my adrenal gland? Is it an invasive plug as well? How does it impact the function of the adrenal gland?

Why doesn't anyone think about that?

I don't believe I've had one blood test that would reveal an issue. No one has looked at my cortisol or anything else adrenal.

Although, if my liver blood work is normal, the adrenal stuff might be as well. My body specializes in that kind of confusion. However, I feel so much strain in my liver that I can prove it's quite possible to test as normal and still have something terribly wrong.

And yet they don't want to stress dose me. SMH. I'm not that brave. This is something I'm going to be bleating about pre-op, which I'm sure will make everyone so happy, but if I don't say it, no one else will. I don't think it's a bad question either. Especially as I have some discomfort in the vicinity of the adrenal gland.

Lastly, the hospital sent me educational videos to watch. One of which was basically, '11 Ways You'll Die from Anesthesia'. Sheesh. I've never had such a dire spin on the risks of surgery. Just what I needed in my head space. Thanks so much.

No wonder I can't sleep!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.