Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Life Without Lungs

 So the asthma receded and then it came back. I had to start prednisone and it's not working. Nothing really is so I'm guessing something else is going on. Maybe I need a covid test? I don't feel sick, but the lack of response to any proactive measures is odd. (Update: tested. Not covid so far.)


My foot has been really bad. There are visible anatomical changes at this point as well. This latest podiatrist gave me a steroid injection (which seems to be helping) and set up an MRI. They also said the magic words, the ones that make my heart sing 'you grow a lot of stuff, let's make sure this isn't a growth.' 


Yes. Let's.


It's amazing how few doctors get that. How often they assume I'm fine. Sometimes I am fine, that's true, but it's also true that sometimes I'm really fucking weird and the outcome is better if we find the weirdness sooner than later. Can we just accelerate ruling out fuckery? Can we just do that?


It took me 8+ months to get an MRI of my foot. Ridiculous. And I suspect I'll have permanent damage in my foot as a result. It's not the doctors' fault per se. The system would've punished them if they'd ordered the MRI right off the bat. That's the part that needs to be napalmed to ash. 


Or I need to learn how to more clearly qualify for an MRI...although I thought I had. My story hasn't changed much between one no MRI appointment to the next yes MRI appointment so... Probably my strategic error was not just immediately scheduling a follow up after that first appointment to accelerate things. 


It's important to remember that follow ups are the gateway to more testing. You need to keep complaining. They need to see things aren't resolving. You've got to earn your testing.


It's just all your time and energy and money to play the game. That's all.


Anyway. I am not breathing super great at the moment and I took Benadryl to help me sleep last night after almost a week of no sleep because of my foot plus asthma so I'm groggy AF. And I'm trying to work. Good times, y'all. Good times.


I've got hubby on stand by for the stuff we're doing this week. Not sure I'm going to be able to drive and breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.