Pages

Friday, July 1, 2022

The Looming Horizon

 I lost ten pounds. In six days.


That doesn't happen unless whatever illness is severe.


But I'm not really sure if this was all that severe.


And that kind of illness associated weight loss is very rare for me. It took me several months of sub 1000 calories with the initial liver implosion to lose 15 pounds. I once had an asthma episode bad enough to knock off 12 pounds in two weeks.


It has been bad though. I don't know if covid is compounding things, but the exhaustion is really awful right now.


I wish I knew what's going on. I have a hepatologist appointment in a few months. While peeing blood confuses things, it seems to be done now and I think it makes the most sense to see what the liver is or isn't doing. 


I had 800 calories for breakfast. Feeling queasy now. But I'm working to stop the starving.


If things keep going like this, I'll zombie shuffle to the PCP and see what things they think might be important to do sooner. If anything. Usually when shit goes sideways, medicine's gut instinct is to deny deflect delay dismiss and damn me to a poorer, more invasive outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.