Pages

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

The Pacing of Covid Recovery

I'm annoyed that I'm so tired when covid itself was so mild. Bah humbug. 


I wake up in the mornings feeling as peppy as a popcorn kernel under a blowtorch, convinced I can rocket to the moon.


And then it all goes poof.


Boom.


Done.


Fin.


My big accomplishment was to schlepp the teen to her school stuff, run two loads of laundry, and do some work. I spent most of the day in bed.


Today I couldn't wake up. Although to be fair, I woke up super early, thought I was up for the day and instead dozed off again. I think it messed up my sleep cycle.


At least I know how to pace. So. For today, I have one cleaning project. I'm hoping to make dinner. I'm doing a little bit of work. And that'll be it.


That's the architecture I'm aiming for. One household task a day. What work I can manage (I'll note I'm too foggy to do a lot, I've ditched my core projects and am working on less finicky things until my brain brains properly again). And make dinner. I'm still feeling my way through, not sure I can handle it yet. 


I'm hoping this is more like the booster side effects, which were much more short lived than the fatigue I had from actual covid. 


Crossing fingers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.