Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Breathing Room

 

Yesterday my oxygen was crap at 92 and I lost all energy. It bounced a bit but stayed under 95 which was unusual. Today has randomly gone better, however. It's evening as I type and I'm still working, which I haven't been able to do for months. 


Let's see if it sticks.


And a funny...hubby thought some of my medicine was candy and ate it. He was quite surprised to find it didn't taste great. It was harmless. He'll live. But I've been laughing non-stop at the look on his face when I told him what he was actually eating.


On the US is sliding into fascism front, my neighbor helpfully informed us that everyone in his church is armed and ready to k- i ll li b erals. 


But get this...


We bought a dump of a house that, much to our surprise, turned out to be located in one of the most affluent areas in the region. We are surrounded by professional athletes, millionaires, even some billionaires.  Everyone drives like they're in the Indy 500 because they can afford the speeding tickets and don't care when they flip their car (seriously, there are so many car accidents here because they think they're untouchable - see also: no one wears a mask, covid isn't real, Trump won the election-like reality isn't their strong suit).


I don't understand how these white men--who have more money than you or I will ever see--have somehow decided they are the victims of persecution and the only recourse is apparently mu rd   er.


 Like what is even going wrong in their lives? If they don't like money, I'll trade them. (Also how did they even get that kind of money being this dumb and petty?)


The entitlement, fear, and hate is beyond bizarre. And to hear that churches are harboring (unknowingly or not) this kind of discourse is alarming. 


My response to my neighbor? A very dry, 'yes, if only Jesus had a gun and ammo, think of the things he would do.'


The irony sailed right over his head, much like facts and science do, but what else can I say? How do you even reach people this far gone, where the only option they find valid is destruction?


We are in deep, deep trouble here. 


So many white men are itching for violence. I don't see any mechanism to defuse their energy and redirect it in the works. 


What happened to golf? Do they not play golf anymore? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.