Pages

Monday, August 15, 2022

The Wind Tunnel

 So in all the bitching I read about CPAP machines, everyone focused on the masks. NO ONE talked about the real problem. Which is the CPAP machine is essentially slamming a wind tunnel down your throat. Literally blowing up your cheeks like you're trying to swallow a sword made of tornados.

It's quite...aggressive.

I've only done the test session in the office so far and...well, the asthma did not like. Hopefully my lungs get used to it. 

But it's a lot. I'm thinking it's going to wake me up a lot...it makes me flinch when I'm awake. Can you actually sleep through a machine trying to stuff your cheeks with air like a greedy chipmunk? 

I can see why there's a 50% failure rate for CPAPs...

As for the kiddo, PT is suggesting arm crutches and braces. There's really something going on with her joints/muscles and I'm increasingly concerned we've never had an accurate diagnosis. I don't know that we'll get one now either. We always end up managing up via the PTs...the doctors never know what's going on. 

Is it Lyme making everything worse? Is something progressing? I have no clue and neither does anyone else.

So frustrating. But yeah. We're being told to buy about $1k in braces and crutches now. Do they not expect her to ever improve?

You know how I know she needs it? She's relieved. She's looking forward to the support. She's excited about being able to do stuff without worrying about falling. Zero fucks about how it looks. Zero embarrassment or anxiety. Just OMG I'll be able to do this and that and not fall. It's all benefits to her and no downside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.