Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Prednisone Party

God. Sometimes I love prednisone. When it's good, it's very very good.


I can function! I can breathe!


The APAP/CPAP still tried to tank me. I could feel the asthma brewing underneath, but the prednisone won out. Well, mostly it did. I am short of breath still, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.


I have NO idea why this is a problem. I keep searching, searching, searching but all I can find are old studies (2007) that say this shit is amazing for asthma and a lot of what look like industry funded sites parroting the same.


No one anywhere I can find is having problems. Hmmm. Maybe I need to ask around in the asthma groups. That's one place I haven't tried. I don't usually hang out there too much. 


I can't be the only one. Hang on a sec.


Okay. I searched all the asthma groups I could find. No one is having attacks like this that I can see. Some are having to use nebs before they use their machine so it must present some degree of trigger. A lot of people say it helped.


Great. 


That makes me wonder if there's something wrong with my machine? Like, why would I have this seemingly singular experience?


This better not turn into some weird rare fuckery shit. I swear to God, if this is more whack-a-doo bullshit from my body, I'm going to be so pissed.


I'm ditching the machine now until I hear back from pulmo. I'm done. Something's wrong. With me or the machine. I'm not going to poke the bear anymore. My lungs deserve better than that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.