Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Irony of the Lung


So I'm huffing into the peak flow meter the other night and the hubby comes by. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just checking."

"What is it?"

"550." I show him the meter.

"What should it be?"

"Well this isn't bad, but I'd like to get back to 650 someday.Or higher."

"Can I try?"

"Sure." I wipe the mouthpiece. "Give it a good, hard huff."

"530. That's lame."

"Well, try again."

"500."

"Huh, you're low. And I'm the one with asthma."

"Well everyone knows you're just faking it."

Heh. So then I found the chart above--although I'm not sure if the scale is the same? I can't tell by looking at my meter. Assuming it's all the same...I'm above average. Hubby is below. He's been huffing on the peak flow meter ever since, determined to 'hit' his numbers. It's making him sooooo mad that he can't get it higher. Now he knows how I feel!

It's addictive. Kind of like the carnival game where you see if you can ring the bell with the sledgehammer.

Actually, now that I think about it, a bell on the peak flow meter would be a nice feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.