Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

So Confused

Spoke to the pulmo today. The thinking is Friday was the day my body just hit the wall.

Whaddaya mean we're not getting prednisone everyday? I'll show you what I think of that, missy.


So now we wait???? And retest in 2 weeks if things don't come back????

The thing that sucks about that is I have to live my life, you know? I have to clean my house (which I'm all for letting things slide when ill but, you know, basic hygiene = important). Cook. Work. Parent.

Forget exercise, I'm just trying to navigate the bare minimum of daily life. It feels like climbing Mount Everest.

Plus, to top things off, I need to baby the hubby who has been sick with some kind of stomach bug. Which, thank God I have not caught that. The last thing I need to be doing is puking. Hubby is never sick and is a typical guy; he can't handle the pain. So he has required lots of TLC at a time when just moving my arms is so. hard. and I keep falling asleep unintentionally.

And I'm confused on whether or not I'm anemic. The ER doc said "You barely have any red blood cells. You're probably anemic." The pulmo is saying "Eh, there are people walking around with hemoglobins of 10 and they're fine. You're not anemic. Don't worry about it."

I don't particularly care one way or the other, but I had been clinging to this idea that maybe the weakness and shortness of breath can be blamed on anemia. If I had my choice, I would much rather have anemia than low cortisol. Actually, I'd rather have neither, but since that is not how my body works, let's pick easy over hard, shall we?

The official prescription is to rest. Take it easy. When I feel bad, have some simple sugar and have someone watch me--if I don't improve call 911 and go to the ER.

Except....

I'm home alone.

Every day.

With the toddler.

Yeah, this is going to go well. *sarcasm*

What a mess, no? Just a hawt mess.

Well, let's focus on the positive shall we?

I can keep my eyes open.

I think I can drive okay.

I don't feel like I'm going to pass out.

That's it, that's all I got.

Post Script: 2010 has sucked for me and mine. Hubby has been sick multiple times and he is NEVER sick--he even went to the doctor of his own volition. The toddler was continuously sick from January through March. I was sick March through April, now going into May.

I told my husband, we may as well shoot for June so it's an even six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.