Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Saying Thank You

I'm working on some thank yous as I'll be at the hospital  for some follow-up appointments in the coming days.

Here's the letter I'm dropping off with a card and some goodies for the ER.

Dear Doc & ER Staff:

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind and excellent care in March when I had a stubborn asthma exacerbation. I had a lot of anxiety about going to the ER (and worked  so hard to get healthy at home as a result only to fail in the end), but you and the ER team made it so I can’t remember what I was so worried about.

The nebulizer treatment the nurse (I'm sorry to say I did not catch her name) started for me --less than 5 minutes after I walked in the door--was the best thing that had happened to me in more than a week.

Thank you, also, for listening to me. I’ve made a resolution to be better about communicating when I’m sick as, all too often, I’m impaired in my judgment when I can’t breathe, say I’m fine when I’m not and go home only to lose ground and return to the ER. You listened and worked with me-- I am beyond grateful for that.

Luckily, I don’t get so very sick that often, so you probably won’t be seeing me any time soon. However, if I do get sick again, I know where to go. You and the ER team, as well as the CDU team, made all the difference for me.

Best Regards,

A patient who can finally BREATHE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.