Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

What a Difference a Sleepless Night Makes

So after the whining of yesterday, I seem to have turned the corner. I was up until about 3am with sustained muscle spasms that wouldn't let me sleep.

After that, everything relaxed. The pain finally improved, but sleep was restless and elusive. I took more Tylenol alternated with Advil throughout the night

I did 2 doses of calcium, magnesium and potassium within four hours of each other before going to bed, which helped. Drank 3 liters of water and some Gatorade (which blech. Anyone remember when Gatorade used to taste good? Now it's like drinking candy. Totally upset my stomach too.).

I also increased the Pulmicort which was my only option aside from breaking out the nebulizer or going back on prednisone, which is not desirable. On top of that, I took some anti-histamines right before turning in.

My understanding is steroid withdrawal can cause quite a bit of inflammation so I like to think the anti-histamines were helpful since the Tylenol/Advil rotation alone was not working. It seemed to be the most asthma free night I've had in a while. No rescue inhaler yet today so that is progress.

Perhaps this is the last of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.