Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Hyperventilating Is the Same as Deep Breaths...Right?

 Well. I think I've watched every single YouTube grand rounds video on the pancreas now. And I've read/skimmed the last 10+ years of studies. 


And probably I am fucked given the rate of growth and location. Because of the liver tumors, we've got data on this going back four years. It's not the first time we're seeing it. It's the first time there's change.


I still have to talk to the hep, who's out of town (naturally) until when I don't know. Until we connect, I'm trying to take everything with a grain of salt and tell myself I couldn't possibly understand all this medicalese, but here's the menu I see...


1. It disappears. Mostly this doesn't happen but a few people have, anecdotally, had theirs magically go poof so hey, maybe. Why the hell not?


 2. Monitoring. MRCPs etc...


3. Partial resection.


4. Removal of pancreas.


#1 is unreliable magic so it's just a question of door  #2, #3, or door #4 on this edition of Let's Make a Shitty Deal.


I'm also hoping there's a less invasive ablation type procedure that's available and just hasn't made it to YouTube grand round videos yet. It sounds like some less invasive stuff is in development out there.


The upcoming colonoscopy is also relevant. In some cases, what's going on is actually associated with another cancer such as colon cancer. So doing butt stuff is going to add data points that we'll want.


And fun fact, there are studies for this I could join in my area...but I'm too young. 


You guuuuys. I'm not swamp hag-y enough!


HahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaAHHHHHHHHH.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.