Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Nice Treats

 I can breathe. Like, for real, real. I can breathe. The asthma appears to be completely gone today.


Breathing is so nice. It's almost euphoric. To be able to climb stairs and walk and talk...it's a nice treat. One thing about asthmatics, we never take breathing for granted.


I finally feel like I'm leaving behind the fatigue associated with that whole episode. As I come out of it, I can see how bad it really was just from the contrast between how I felt then vs. now. Wow. It was pretty bad asthma. I really should have started steroids sooner. I don't think I was 100% on judgement...the asthma addled me.


Still have not heard from the pulmo. I'm not particularly upset as I'm not super interested in jumping straight into whatever other fuckery this will trigger and I'm enjoying the respite of the moment.


My spidey sense says I'm going to end up with a new pulmo and some second opinions. But it can wait.


I am sort of kicking myself as I'm realizing I did the sleep study just weeks out from acute covid. I don't know...maybe it wasn't the most accurate thing ever? Flip side, it could be my new normal. Can't assume it's fine either though. We'll see. 


Work is overwhelming. I had one thing go super well and then a carbon copy of it positioned to do even better flopped in a weird way. And I'm just so behind. So so so behind. I'm not even sure how to catch up. Other than mercilessly clearing my schedule and jettisoning various goals and projects and to-dos.


Letting go, giving up, moving on seems to be the only answer here and I hate it. 


Kiddo started school today. We are emerging from COVID isolation this year--we gave humanity time to prove that science could beat a bug, but it turns out humans only amplify pandemics and bugs are still far faster than science. The bugs are out of the barn (covid, polio, monkeypox oh my!). There's no going back. We have to carry on as safely as we can. 


She's in a co-op that operates outside and with open windows and masks. They will be doing high school Biology and hopefully she'll find some friends. We moved right as the pandemic hit and lost our social network and then she's had such health issues, it didn't matter. She would have struggled to socialize anyway.


Then she has the two college classes and a mix of online classes and whatever live in-person experiences I can figure out for the rest.


OH! And the fever isn't totally gone but it seems to have come down. We don't know why, but the functional ped (again, part of the big hospital system, not going to whacky woo clinics, this is mainstream medicine woo by way of Infectious Diseases) prescribed a bunch of Chinese herbs. So maybe? Flip side...we have had the fever go poof only to come back. We'll see.


Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to do anything for the joints.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.