Pages

Friday, September 30, 2022

Whacky Ass Wonderland

Hand is doing okay. I have about 85% of my motion back, maybe 40% strength, and 60% use. I can't handle anything heavy or that requires me to exert pressure. And no long typing sessions.


But I can limp along.


The steroids stopped the burning. I also had a big bowl of watermelon. I was told, with regards to the hyperaldosteronism, that the cortisol surge from the stress of the injury could mess up my potassium.


An hour after the 'roids and watermelon--consumed while refusing to make eye contact with the dogs who slowly died inside with every bite I didn't share--I was well enough to go back to bed and sleep.


My body is a wonderland, y'all. I just never know what whacky ass shit is going to happen next.


Meanwhile, I'm working ahead on colonoscopy prep. I have unpleasant memories of my first one and the Ozempic really slows down your system so I'm trying to be extra proactive.


And speaking of electrolytes, the butt people are paying exactly zero attention to that despite my best efforts. I mostly am fine---if I wasn't I'd be here bitching about it--but I do have to pay attention to salt and potassium in a way other people don't. I know potassium counts of different foods and drinks by heart lol. I spend hot days actively managing it or else I feel like death. It's a thing.


The Gavilyte bottle warns about electrolyte badness, but it's just blank looks all around when I say it. I guess you have to have a poor outcome for it to register or something. 


My self defense amounts to fruit juice that has potassium and fervent hoping with a side of irrational optimism. I'll do my best to muddle through. I think I can skate by between what I know and my age not being like, super extra haggy and fragile yet.  


I just remember being super sick my  and in a lot of pain my last go round with Gavilyte. Miserable experience. Not looking forward to it x decades later with so many other things sapping my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.