Pages

Monday, September 19, 2022

Nothing Update from the so Not a Food Psychic

Holding steady here.


Off the pulmicort.


Not feeling as energetic as I was. So I guess I was just high on 'roids or something.


But I do feel incrementally better overall. I didn't lose all the improvement, just didn't keep 100% of the gains.


Next up...liver MRI and colonoscopy. Hopefully those come in clear. My master plan is to stop doing these MRIs all the damn time. I'm really hoping that ultrasound report saying there was a new liver tumor was all woo.


But this is me we're talking about. So I'm taking deep breaths and preparing myself for more fuckery. 


Food wise...

Tried my hand at Ethiopian Beef Tibs and meh. Hubby loved it. Absolutely loved it. The rest of us were like...hmmm, weeeell, this plain white rice is nice lol. I'm going to have to get my hands on the real thing so I can reverse engineer it. I don't think the recipes online are on the up and up.


The best meal this month was Costco marinated pork tenderloin with Costco herbed grilling cheese (salad on the side). If they would please just make 7 more plug-and-play done-for-you meals like that, my life would be amazing. The amount of decision fatigue and meal prep that would eliminate would truly be life changing...but noooo. Can't have that entirely reasonable, no doubt hella profitable for them food thing.


Instead, I'm left to intuit how to make a good Beef Tibs when I'm no food psychic. Come on, Costco. Make like Blue Apron, but easier.


See also...I'm in the middle of the steroid munchies. Which sucks because I'm about to slam back 150mgs of prednisone in 12 hours and make it so much worse. At least I segue from that directly into starving for my colonoscopy.


(Okay and yes, Costco does have a lot of prepared stuff but it's not all good, not all gluten free, not all low carb, and not everyone likes it so...make it better Costco.)


Teen wise...


Also holding steady. We've been fortunate to have a staggered start to all the things this year. College didn't start until late which gave her time to get acclimated to everything else first.


She's running tired though. I think deep down, Covid isn't quite done with us still. I'm helping her pace, hoping I can optimize things for her and prevent overwhelm, and I'm just holding my breath that she starts to turn the corner here on the energy soon, that we didn't bite off more than she can chew.


Even without Covid, this is an ambitious year given how much the pandemic kept us at home the last two years. It's a shock to the system after endless pajama days. 


I love pajama days by the way. This hectic, perpetual shitstorm of chaos hamster wheel we've decided is living life is bullshit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.